- Prepare tables with flowers and place settings; set out game or coffee table book
- Start a fire in your fireplace on a chilly day
- Create pleasant aroma with fresh baked cookies or bread
Special Tips for Showings
- Secure jewelry, cash, prescription medications and other valuables
- It is usually best if you can leave while your house if being shown; if you’re home, don’t follow the sales associates around-they know their buyers and can best emphasize the most fitting features of your home. Please save all business cards of sales associates who show your property. If people who are not accompanied by an agent ask to see your property please refer them to us; we will pre-screen them
- Don’t discuss price, terms, possession or other factors with buyers. Refer them to us. We are better able to bring the negotiation to a favorable conclusion as intermediary third parties. It is also not a good idea to try to dispose of furniture to a prospect before an offer; again leave that to us
Follow these steps for your house to look its best for broker previews, buyer showings and open houses. Home enhancements can more than pay for themselves in stronger offers from buyers. Remember; look at your house through the buyers’ eyes.